Parkrose High School, 12003 NE Shaver Street, Portland OR 97220
- Meet INFO (docx)
- Senior Swim Bio form (pdf) (Seniors: download and print out, fill out. Due Friday morning at the meet)
- TIMERS— I just found out late Wed eve. they at some point Did switch and decided to assign our team a Timing Lane this year (and never told me they made that change after-the-fact) ah well, we will do what we can on Short notice!.. So, anywhere anyone can help out Please let me know ASAP thanks!!!!
They also assigned Sandy a lane, and Sandy has only 12 swimmers on their team (they were large in the past), so that won’t work either! If we fill out ours and people can still volunteer, I’m sure Sandy would appreciate too! And remember, timers have the best front row seats in the house 😉
For Putnam though, we need 2 timers for each time slot. (Timers and Chaperones get in Free to note) If you can do more than one, Awesome, let me know!
Friday Prelims TIMERS Lane 2 – Putnam 10:00am-12 noon 1) Micki Goldstein 2) Jaime Mcleod 12:00noon-2:00pm 1) Rob Bender 2) 2:00pm-4:00pm 1) 2) Saturday Finals TIMERS Lane 2 – Putnam 1:00pm-2:00pm 1) 2) 2:00pm-3:00pm 1) 2) 3:00pm-4:00pm 1) 2) 4:00pm-5:00pm 1) 2) *5:00pm-*6:00pm 1) * (I doubt meet goes this late, but just in case.. usu ends near 4-5p) 2)
- Chaperones Assignments (hang in gym and watch stuff and keep the swimmers from bouncing off the walls) -* and if anyone could help sub chaperones for the moments when their kids swim so they can watch would be awesome! Anna and Lexee swim at the same time possibly for the 500.
Friday Prelims 1) Jill Bender (Anna’s) 2) Amy Mathews (Lexee’s) Saturday Finals
1) Jill Henion (Catelynn’s) 2)
- –> Psych Sheet!!!<—
(note: wrong time for Megan 200 Free 2:16’ish? and Lauren 100 Br 1:32.24, no worries – outside smokers! Maybe some others. I didn’t necessarily get all the last meet’s new times in there 😉
Note the girls “A” 200 Free Relay… no pressure or anything 😉 – Based on PR splits offhand.
The Girls Medley A Relay is not the correct time: 2:13 so should be seated 4th.
- — ITINERARY and Notes–
—- Wednesday Feb 8th —-
– Last Chance for maximum effect carbo-loading : dinner/food-wise. (ie. foods with extra carbohydrates, e.g. pasta-type meals are great)
—- Thursday Feb 8th —-
– Right after school – start shaving if you are a guy— You need the extra time you newbs!
– SHORT Practice – 7:30pm-8:35pm’ish – SMWU – a couple dives, Done go home and SLEEP – Make sure you’re rides Know it’s a short practice and you are to be picked up EARLY!
– Finish Shaving if you haven’t
– SET THREE DIFFERENT ALARM CLOCKS and Plug in your PHONE, Turned ON and Volume on High!!!
—- Friday Feb 9 —-
** Chaperones (hang in gym with swimmer’s gear) and Timer Helpers get in FREE, but I have to have names ahead of time
*** No shaving at the MEET at all! *** => can be immediately DQ’d for the rest of the meet, so have that done the day before Thursday
*** No Diving at Any time except for Specified Block Sprints with Coach (and of course your race themselves)
– 6am – swimmers text team captains “I’m Up and Going”
– 6:35am – Meet at Putnam
– 6:50am – Bus Departs for Parkrose HS Pool
– 7:30am-9:30am WARMUPS – swimmers will go in groups of 9 for their 25min each group
– 10pm MEET STARTS
– Meet Ends – maybe 2pm’ish
– BUS will be available to return swimmers to Putnam
—- Saturday Feb 10 —-
– All provide their own ride or commute with each other to Parkrose
– All Swimmers Attend Saturday, Finalists and alternates arrive for warmups. (Plan on 1st -20th place seated swimmers, based on after Friday’s Prelims Results, just in case!!!)
– warmups 10:30am-12:30pm
– Meet Starts 1pm
– finishes (usually around 5pm with the Senior Swim tributes)
—- Sunday Feb 11 —-
– sometime early afternoon- I get results on if we have State Qualifier Wild Card swimmers
State Championship Qualification:
1) automatic Qualifiers: 1st in your Event at Districts
2) wild card qualifiers: any of the remaining 7 spots (of the 12 for each Event) after the first 5 that are reserved for the 5 Districts’ 1st place finishers.