Wow what an awesome 1st day of Districts!
Congratulations to the following swimmers who made it to Saturday Finals Day:
Again, awesome job! Way to go Putnam!!
NOTE: Saturday is also Senior Recognition and the fun Senior Last Swim, for all our graduating seniors. We have 11 this year. Everyone on the team should be there for this. It happens at the conclusion of the competition, which is slated for approx. 5pm
> District Prelims Results <
> District Finals Timeline <
> District Finals Heat Sheet <
Unless I have specifcally talked to you otherwise, Putnam swimmers competing (including all 1st and 2nd alternates), meet at the Parkrose HS Pool at 10:30am (via your own ride).
Putnam swimmers not competing, I would like you to be there to cheer on your team, but you can arrive closer to the 1pm meet start time or later is fine. But be there Definitely for Senior Recognition!
Reminder, All practices during Winter Break are same time as during regular school in-session times. Monday through Friday, both weeks, and the Mon Jan 2nd as well. Always check in with me (cell txt preferred) when you are going to be absent. That’s part of your responsibility. Thanks!
Next Meet – Jan 6th, Friday, Home, will be the make-up meet with Hillsboro (the first one we missed due to snow fun). Same 7pm competition start time and everything else as before. Nothing rescheduled yet for the Parkrose cancelled meet.
Restarted the Stroke Technique page. Currently it has some breastroke tech (and video) I’ve been going over in practice, regarding Adam Peaty’s current world record style.
With school officially closed for Thurs, Dec 15, that means we will be cancelling/postponing tomorrow’s meet at Parkrose as well.
Get some dryland in!!!
Friday, Dec 16.. Should you have school, we will be having dryland practice Only, 3:30pm-4:45pm, meet in school weight room.
(NCAP pool has a meet during our regular practice time on this Fri, so we will only be doing dryland that day)
Meet cancelled/postponed for this evening. Hillsboro anticipated too much driving issue to get here.
So no meet, no practice either. Do some dryland at home though!
See you all Monday!
HOME MEET Friday Dec 9th!
|vs Hillsboro Union High School (with Milwaukie HS)
- Arrive at NCAP (by your own means) by 6pm (to fill out your Event cards)
- Warmups 6:30pm
- Meet Starts: 7pm
- Meet Ends: 8:30pm-9pm (hopefully!)
- parents pickup swimmers at NCAP pool
- HOME meet = family/friends volunteers required for 8 Timers, (got 2 scorers already thanks!). So be prepared to Volunteer! (no experience required for Timers)
Yes Practice is still On for this evening, Wed Dec 7.
*Updated* Tomorrow Thurs.. Dec 8, NO Swim.
Our pool NCAP closes when the Milwaukie schools close upon inclement weather conditions.
Congrats on an awesome 1st Meet!
We didn’t win overall, but we sure had awesome individual and relay performances! …and more than one Putnam All-time Top Twelve was broken into, and the season has barely begun!
——– Rex Putnam All-Time Top Twelve (to update with) ——–
Girls 200 Medley Relay – #1 (Elizabeth, Riley, Haylie, Grace)
Haylie Ouchida – #9 – 200 IM
Haylie Ouchida – #10 – 100 Free
Elena Lorente Lopez – #11 – 100 Back
Girls 400 Free Relay – #12 (Haylie , Grace, Kayleigh, Elizabeth)
I have the Varsity Scoresheets available on Meets page with those times. I’m still working on getting the JV swims compiled and available, that will take a while!
Good job Putnam! Way to go!
Updated Meets page with the current Meet Schedule
Day 1 of Official Swim Season!
– Meet at the North Clackamas Aquatic Park at 7:30pm (bleachers inside adjacent to the pool)
– bring your own goggles, practice swim suit, (swim cap optional but really needed if you have long hair), towel, water bottle, plus t-shirt and shorts for any dryland activity before we swim)
– bring your CLEARANCE, signed off by Sandi at the Athletic Dept.
– show up if you do Not have your Clearance, but still plan to participate in the season (you just can’t get in the water yet without the Clearance), but I Must need to know that you are Planning to participate.