Yes Practice this evening, Mon Jan 15, regular time 7:30p-9:30p
1.13.2018 – SAT – AWAY – vs Hillsboro, LaSalle, Parkrose
- Parkrose High School, 12003 NE Shaver Street, Portland OR 97220
- No Bus – Your Own Rides both ways
- TEXT your team captain by 1pm you are on track to get there
- Meet at Parkrose ~ by 1:30p
- Warm-ups 1:45pm – 2:30pm
- Meet Start – 2:45pm to ~5:45pm
- at Parkrose
- Entries – Boys –final–
- Entries – Girls — final —
Note – as a double-dual, this meet is worth 2x Varsity meet points.
We are scoring vs Hillsboro (30 swimmers) and vs Parkrose (30 swmmers)
- Fri., Jan 12 ***No practice***, NCAP hosting swim meets, and I don’t want to do a big dryland workout day before meet.
- Saturday – AWAY Meet, Jan 13th – at Parkrose HS pool,
No Bus. Meet at Parkrose by 1:30pm.
Warmups are at *1:45pm.
Meet Starts *2:45pm. (*times had been updated)
We will need some volunteers (Putnam has two lanes, so at least 4 timers, and at least two scorekeepers for two simultaneous scoring meets – Putnam vs Hillsboro and Putnam vs Parkrose.)
- Jan 5, Meet Scores:
Wilsonville – 102
Putnam – 68
- Wilsonville Meet Highlights:
All-Time Top-Twelve movers:
– Haylie Ouchida just broke the Rex Putnam School Record for the girls 100 Butterfly with a time of 1:06.59, and hit #5 for her 100 Breaststroke.
– Megan Anspach hit #2 with her 500 Free, and #4 for her 50 Free.
– Christian Rainville hit #3 for 500 Free, and #5 for the 200 Individual Medley.
– Colton Agee PR’d for his #8 position 100 Breastroke.
– Trygve Nordby hit #10 for his 100 Breaststroke
– Michael Schneider hit #10 position for 100 Free
– Girls 200 Medley Relay hit #7 (Megan Anspach, Olivia Hill, Haylie Ouchida, Catelynn Henion)
– Boys 200 Medley Relay hit #9 (Christian Rainville, Colton Agee, Trygve Nordby, Michael Schneider), same crew hit #12 for the 200 Free Relay.
- I’ll post the times and splits on the meets page here in a day or two
Happy New Year!
Practice Reminder: Yes practice as normal Jan 1, 2018 – 7:30p-9:30p
All regular practices this week Mon-Thur.
Friday, Jan 5 = HOME meet vs Wilsonvile/Milwaukie
– Meet Start Time 4pm
– Early Release 2:45pm, Bus leaves 3p
– fill out Event Cards on bus
– Warm ups – 3:30p
– Volunteers NECESSARY! This is a Home Meet
– – timers (12), scorekeepers (2), starter (1), event card runner (1)(runs the cards from timers to the scorekeeper table)
- Friday Dec 8th, Dryland Only At School (not an optional practice) – weight room 3:30-4:45p (no swim, NCAP facility in use for other meets)
- Silverton Meet Results Updated on Meets page
- next Meet Friday Dec 15, Home vs La Salle
- submit Goal(s)
Extra Practice available for Friday Nov 24. The pool will be open for 1 hour for us 4:30p-5:30pm. This is an optional full extra credit practice. A bunch of swimmers want to be able to get in the water so there you go without any extra cost on your own time. It will be less formal as I’ll have workouts available, and also go over some technique for those that might want extra help after warm-ups.
Added Goals page.. Link in the top navigation menu above.
Swimmers – fill it out! Thank you!!
Reminder: Practice tomorrow WED 11/22/2017 is DRYLAND ONLY in the weight room after school. Meet 3:30pm to 4:45pm. No busses so secure a ride home from the school. No In-water practice Wed, or Thur or Fri for the holiday.
Practice resumes on Monday Nov 27, normal times.
- Updated Meets Page for our Season Meet Schedule
- Wed Nov 22: Dryland Only in the school weight room: 3:30p-4:45pm (No Swim as pool is closed for the holiday)
- Order your Team Suits! Use the link upper left here on this page
- This Friday = Team Captain Vote! 2 Girls , 2 Guys for Co-captains each
Season Practice Schedule Update:
- Mon – Thu (unchanged) 7:30pm-9:30pm (provide own ride to and from)
- Fri – 4:15p – 6pm (water starts 4:30p) (bus transportation from school to pool only, 1-way – leaves ~3:30pm), provide own ride home
Note: there are only about 5 (in-water) practices on a Friday this season, as most of our meets are a Friday or Saturday, or the pool has another team’s meet going on during our Friday practice time. I’ll receive a more solid final schedule after tomorrow Tues eve., that will have our finalized meet info in it that I can then post.
- Update: Pre-Season Dryland (Oct 30 – Nov 9)
For school-out days (Nov 1-Nov 3), same time 3:30pm-4:45pm, just meet at outside door to weight room (I have keys).
Fri Nov 10 (Veteran’s Day) we will not have Dryland.
- Day 1 of Official Practice coming soon!! Nov 13 – Mon. Get your Clearances!!