Yes there is practice tonight Thursday and Friday tomorrow June 11, same time same place. One week to go!!!
Our last official dual season meet is Next week Friday June 18. (Note this date was changed 3 weeks ago, from the original schedule at the beginning of the season, that had it has Sat June 19).
Where: NCAP Home Pool
Warmups – 6:30pm
Meet Start – 7pm
There IS talk of a Possible Districts for us (at least for our NWOC District for swimming). I have a meeting with the other coaches on this next Tuesday, next week. So we’ll see! I know it may be difficult for some to be able to attend (where and when is also TBD) especially with it’s possibility being scheduled so late, and After school is officially out for this school year. So at best, it would be for those that would be able to attend, not mandatory or anything like that. Welcome to scheduling of Anything in the past 18 months 🙂 So we’ll see! I’ll let you people know as soon as I find out what it might entail.
Meet 4: Results by Event – Putnam Only , @ Hillsboro
Congratulations to senior Clara Fost, for setting a NEW SCHOOL RECORD for the Girls 100 Breast with a time of 1:22.46 at our Meet #4 in Hillsboro yesterday. Way to go Clara!
Meet Wednesday June 9
AWAY at Hilsboro – Shute Park Aquatic Center
Bus Leaves school: 2:30pm
Meet Start: 4pm
Bus Returns: ~8pm’ish +/- half hour
Entries by Event – (no lane/heat assignments til we get there)
If you can time, send me a message ASAP. – firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no spectators at our meets this year, However, Volunteer Timers automatically are welcome and needed, and as a Timer you get front row seats as a spectator.
This meet will be at the Outdoor pool. Bring Warm Clothes. Weather is unpredictable so be prepared in case we get our Oregon rain.
Swimmers put your suits on before getting on the bus. We will be doing the seating chart thing again so you can just write yourselves in wherever like last time.
Current Meet Results Thus Far:
Meet 1 – Results by Event – vs Hilsboro, Milwaukie at HOME
Meet 2 – Results by Event – vs La Salle at HOME
Meet 3 – Results by Event – vs Wilsonville, La Salle, Parkrose at Parkrose
Top Times through Meet 3
Congratulations to senior Maria Preston, setting a NEW SCHOOL RECORD for the Girls 50 Free with a time of 26.81. This was at our Meet 3 vs Wilsonville/Parkerose/La Salle. Awesome job Maria!
For our meet tomorrow June3rd.
AWAY at Parkrose HS
Heat Sheet (pdf)
Entries By Name (pdf)
- WU starts 4:05pm, but our bus will likely not get there until 4:20pm or so (since we don’t leave the school until 3:45pm). but we will still have plenty of time for our WU routine.
- Meet Start: 5pm (and not 5:30pm)
- There will be 4 teams there: Putnam, Parkrose, Wilsonville and La Salle.
- We are requested to bring up to 4 timers from our team that then can be inside as spectator/timers. I have 2 to possibly 3 already. First come first server as far as requesting to volunteer.
- Absolutely make sure I know if you cannot attend Any specific meet, as early in advance as you know. The Meets page here has the full schedule as we have it. Email me or text me directly 5038915981.
- We May be doing event cards, first time in years. If so we’ll be filling those out on the Bus en-route to the meet.
- Bus Return is still prob. closer to an 8pm departure from Parkrose with 4 teams being there.
General Meets Update:
– Meet Results from the first two meets are still being worked on. I’ll post them here when they are done.
– Our Sat June 19 meet is being changed to Friday June 18th. Meet time TBD as there are two sets of meet that will happen that day. So I don’t know yet if we are slated for the first or second time slot.