- Fri Jan 18 – No Practice (meet happening in our time slot)
- Monday Jan21st, Yes Normal Practice (even though swimmers have no school that day)
- Next Meet HOME – Friday Jan 25 4pm Meet Start (early release and one-way bus that day) If you have a final or any test that day after release time, you get to Reschedule it.
- Meet Preferences for next meet I will begin to take in on Monday at practice
- Team Pictures, coming but not yet finalized on a date
- Info for Districts on the Meets page
Fri Dec 14 – No Water Practice
We will do Dryland in school weight room 3:30-4:30pm on this Fri instead. Note These Dryalnd-Only practices DO COUNT towards Attendance for Varsity consideration.
I updated the Practices page for all our known Practice Exceptions or other Practice Schedule Notes
Individual Meet Results on Meets Page
Overall Score vs Wilsonville
Girls Wv 114 – RP 55
Boys Wv 107 – RP 64
We actually did quite well considering they outnumber us 3 to 1, have an Olympic Trialist, and half our girls were out due to illness or other. We still got some PR’s or close to, this early in the season! and awesome to First Year Swimmers on your First Swim Meet!
YES we SWIM during WINTER BREAK
All practices are mandatory in Attendance counting towards Varsity Lettering potential. And mandatory if you want to perform well!
Missing even 1 week sets you back considerably (just ask Roxie or Alex;). Missing 2 weeks essentially sets you back to the level of Day 1 physically!
Also, No Fri Bus on Fri Dec 21, 28, Jan 4, so you will need to get to the pool for our Fri practices (4:15p-6p) those days on your own! Work out your rides now.
Important, for our meet on Jan 3rd, at Parkrose HS, which is During Winter Break, I need to know how many swimmers, if at all, can not get to the Parkrose HS on that Thursday, by 3:30p for Warm Ups, by your own ride, or via carpool. It is possible I can get us a bus IF Needed, but have to know ASAP!
I fixed the School Achievements and Records page. Note they are not updated with last season’s Districts yet, which needs a few Top 12 updates for certain!
Friday Dec 7 – No Swim / Yes Dryland at School instead – Meet 3:30p-4:30p weight room (there is a swim meet at the pool during our regular time this day). Secure a ride home for 4:30p…no buses.
Tues Dec 11 – First Meet of the Season!
– vs Wilsonville/Parkrose/Scappoose
– Early Release – 1:45p (make sure you are at the Main Building (not off campus) for early release. You will be excused)
– Bus leaves school 2p
– Warmups 3:30p at Parkrose HS
– Competition Start – 4p [standard Start time all meets this season]
– meets last 2 to 2.5 hours
– Bus will Return to School – 7-7:30pm’ish (you may ride home with parents, just let me know at the time)
– Volunteers! For all high school meets, they are only run by all the generosity of volunteers. Any parents/friends/siblings/3rd cousins twice removed that can make it, we would highly highly appreciate the help! Otherwise we can’t get times that count for your swimmers!
– Volunteer Positions Needed – Timers (16) , Starter (1), Scorekeeper (2), event card runner (1). We will split/share as much as possible with the other 3 teams’ parents for all these positions. Experience not necessary for Timers and event card runner. Thank you for your support!
Parkrose High School, 12003 NE Shaver Street, Portland OR 97220
- Thanksgiving Week Practice: (updated 11/16)
Mon, Tue REGULAR practice 7:30p-9:30p
No practice Wed Nov 21, and Nov 22 Thanksgiving Day
There now Will be practice Fri Nov 23 at regular time (4:15p-6p) (no bus on that Friday as school is closed, so provide own transportation or car pool.
- Monday – Team Captain Vote, team T-shirt preview (possibly)
Monday, Nov 12 = Day 1 in the water!
Be ready to swim with suit and goggles and practice cap for long hair people. (doesn’t need to be the team suit for practices. Team suit for meets though can be ordered top left here of the front page of the team website.) I’ll be able to distribute team caps for new swimmers that have all clearances done.
Bring a water bottle.
Season Practice Schedule:
Fri 4:15p-6p (bus from school leaves 3:25p)
No practice Thanksgiving day. I’ll get back to you on that Friday. But YES, Mandatory practice Mon-Wed on Thanksgiving week! It all counts! 1st meet in 1 month! (on Tues Dec 11)
If you Don’t have your Clearance on Day 1, make sure you show up anyways to get a partial credit for attendance. You’ll want to be there for information, and especially first-year swimmers, to listen in on stroke technique, super important!!
I’ll be there a bit early this evening (7pm’ish) so I can start checking off clearance stuff too for those that can get there as well.
Season 2018-2019 Info Flyer (pdf)
Important Flyer Excerpts:
- Day 1 in water – Mon Nov 12.
- Get Clearances done ASAP – see Athletic Dept
- User Fee $300
- order team suits top left link on this page
- Optional Pre-Season Dryland – only 3 days – Tue Oct 30/ Thu Nov 1/ Tue Nov 6 — all 6p-7:30p in weight room (enter via outside door or entering building from stadium side entrance.), provide own transportation to and from.
- Unofficial meet schedule coming soon (official meet schedule posted after Nov 8)
Info Meeting – *** CHANGED to THURSDAY Oct 25th, eve. 6:30p-7 :30p in the Commons (can’t do this Tues)
Optional Preseason Dryland:
Tues Oct 30, Thur Nov 1, Tues Nov 6: all 6-7:30p, meet in weight room.
- Added a Team Pictures page – All are now processed and available here. (Friday eve. added 23 group shots from Jill’s batch)
- TEAM BANQUET – Wednesday, Mar 7 – 6:30pm at Pietro’s Pizza
Team Pics postponed with potential icy/snow conditions predicted for this evening – New Date confirmed-> next Wed. Feb 28, 7:30p-8:30p
- Awesome job at Districts people! A bunch of people took off a lot of time for excellent PRs!
- No State qualifiers this year, but a couple REALLY close ones!
- End of Season Banquet – TBA (likely towards end of February)
- Team Pictures – WED – Feb 21 – 7:30p-8:30pm – Wave Pool
- Team T-shirts – Still need at least 10 t-shirts that family/friends/siblings to add to the order. It will be $5 per shirt, as I will be able to use some of last year’s surplus to chip in. Send Grace a txt with Quantity and the Size of any of those extra T-shirts, ASAP!
- Swim Team Retreat – TBA
- Fundraiser #1 for Retreat – pop can drive- details TBA. Keep checking back here for updates over the next few days. I will also have team captains send notes out as I get specifics on any of the above.