Monday, Nov 12 = Day 1 in the water!
Be ready to swim with suit and goggles and practice cap for long hair people. (doesn’t need to be the team suit for practices. Team suit for meets though can be ordered top left here of the front page of the team website.) I’ll be able to distribute team caps for new swimmers that have all clearances done.
Bring a water bottle.
Season Practice Schedule:
Fri 4:15p-6p (bus from school leaves 3:25p)
No practice Thanksgiving day. I’ll get back to you on that Friday. But YES, Mandatory practice Mon-Wed on Thanksgiving week! It all counts! 1st meet in 1 month! (on Tues Dec 11)
If you Don’t have your Clearance on Day 1, make sure you show up anyways to get a partial credit for attendance. You’ll want to be there for information, and especially first-year swimmers, to listen in on stroke technique, super important!!
I’ll be there a bit early this evening (7pm’ish) so I can start checking off clearance stuff too for those that can get there as well.
Season 2018-2019 Info Flyer (pdf)
Important Flyer Excerpts:
- Day 1 in water – Mon Nov 12.
- Get Clearances done ASAP – see Athletic Dept
- User Fee $300
- order team suits top left link on this page
- Optional Pre-Season Dryland – only 3 days – Tue Oct 30/ Thu Nov 1/ Tue Nov 6 — all 6p-7:30p in weight room (enter via outside door or entering building from stadium side entrance.), provide own transportation to and from.
- Unofficial meet schedule coming soon (official meet schedule posted after Nov 8)
Info Meeting – *** CHANGED to THURSDAY Oct 25th, eve. 6:30p-7 :30p in the Commons (can’t do this Tues)
Optional Preseason Dryland:
Tues Oct 30, Thur Nov 1, Tues Nov 6: all 6-7:30p, meet in weight room.
Team Pics postponed with potential icy/snow conditions predicted for this evening – New Date confirmed-> next Wed. Feb 28, 7:30p-8:30p
Friday – Districts Prelims Results
Congratulations to the following swimmers, who will need to show up for Warmups on Sat by 10:45am:
Megan (2 relays, 200 Free, 500 Free)
Olivia Hill (Medley Relay, 100 Br)
Grace (4 events)
Haylie (4 events)
Olivia Wait (Medley relay alternate)
Christian (4 events)
Trygve (4 events)
Colton (4 events)
Michael (4 events)
Anna (400 A Relay, alt-alt : 200, 500 Free alternate at #15)
Athena (officially keeping the tradition of FIRST YEAR swimmers making Districts finals top 12 🙂 – 100 Free, 200 IM, 400 Free Relay A
Catelynn – ( 50 Free, 200 & 400 Free Relays)
Hayden (400 Free A, 500 Free, 1st alt 50 Free)
Jennifer (400 Free A Relay, 2nd alt 100 Free)
Jackson ( (400 Free A Relay, alt-alt 100 Free)
Lexee (500 Free, and helping Athena out with the above tradition)
Alex (alt-alt 15th 500 Free, alt-alt 16th 100 Back not 17th)
Lauren (100 Br)
Eddie (400 Free A Relay, alt-alt 500 Free)
Jackson (400 Free A Relay, tradition helper #3)
Clara – (only if well enough – 400 Free Relay A)
((Simon would have been #12 100 Back :/ Bummer Simon!))
All others, be at pool before 1pm (12:45 is good).. 1pm is when the meet officially Starts.
Senior Swim will be at the conclusion of the Final events.
Friday Feb 2
– Practice Canceled*
– Team Pictures postponed*
* There’s a swim meet during our time slot (and it will be difficult to use the Wave Pool with it being the large Clackamas HS meet), and the pool will be closing after the swim meet so we will reschedule the team photos.. Potentially the Friday After Districts (if we do not have State Qualifiers)
DISTRICTS REQUESTS DUE TODAY FRIDAY FEB 2!!
Please REVIEW the Request spreadsheet
Message me directly ASAP 503.891.5981 if any changes needed.
Girls Districts Request – FINAL pending swimmer review – 6:24pm
Boys Districts Request – FINAL pending swimmer review -5pm
Meet – AWAY – vs Sandy/Milwaukie (LAST DUAL MEET)
– Olin Y. Bignall Aquatic Ctr., 39055 Pleasant St., Sandy OR 97055